Foundational to play therapy is understanding what it is, how it’s different from other expressive art modalities, and how to be competent using play therapy. This self-paced online course explains what play therapy is, the history of play therapy (its roots), and what it means to use play therapy competently, including culturally competent, and ethically. You’ll also learn some practical tips for supplies you need to set up your playroom that will save you time and money.
You’ll complete five modules in your own time zone and when it’s convenient for you. These five modules are:
- Module 1: Course Overview
- Module 2: What is Play Therapy & History of Play Therapy
- Module 3: Foundational Aspects of Play Therapy
- Module 4: Clinical & Ethical Considerations in Play Therapy
- Module 5: Getting Started with Play Therapy
You’ll complete activities to enhance your learning experience so you can take the information learned in the course and apply it to your work with children and adolescents.